Who we are?
DNV GL operates in more than 100 countries with 16,000 employees dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL Oil and Gas is the leading technical advisor to the Oil and Gas industry, providing technical assurance, advisory and risk management services.
What is our hackathon?
Join us in our internal hackathon and work on developing a prototype solution for one of our challenges! The challenges will reflect some of our current internal digital innovation ideas, aiming at enhancing efficiency and customer experience.
The final challenges and supporting information will be revealed in the information session. Note that not all our challenges will involve working with large datasets; some will be oriented towards programming user interface and developing framework supporting our applications.
Available support during the event
Challenges contributors will present the challenges at the information session and will be present to act as mentor intermittently during the event.
Judges and criteria
The judges will be DNV GL personnel having managerial, sales and technical expertise. The criteria will focus on how actionable the prototypes are and how much improvement can be derived from it, from efficiency and customer experience point of view. The sales pitch performance will also be used as a criteria.
Will food and drink be provided?
Yes, we will make sure you don’t run out of energy throughout the event!
Other rules to note
- Please bring your own laptop to the event.
- Teams of up to 4 participants can be entered.
- All participants will be asked to leave the building at night time and exact hours of building opening time will be detailed in information session.
- Please note that in applying to take part in the Hackathon, you agree to abide by this Honour Code:
“During the course of the Hackathon, I will not copy (without attributing the source), misuse, infringe or plagiarise the ideas, solutions, works and other intellectual property rights of third parties. I agree that any such plagiarism is dishonourable conduct and my participation will be immediately disqualified.”
- Participation in this event will be subject to acceptance of terms and conditions.
Why taking part in it?
For two days, you will work alongside our team and work on solving real industry problem. It is an opportunity for you to get a sneak pick into latest industry challenges and network with our team. Following on from the hackathon, we may be looking for further support into developing the prototypes through freelancer agreement. This is your chance to enter our “go-to” pool of talents.
In addition, there will be a total of 3000 AUD prize money. The team having the best submission will receive a prize of 1500 AUD, the second of 1000 AUD and third of 500 AUD.
We are looking for students, recent graduates and personnel:
- With experience in computer science, programming, artificial intelligence, machine learning, user interface design skills etc… you get the idea!
- That are creative and can take initiative,
- Who demonstrate a strong desire and motivation for learning and personal development.
- Who have work rights in Australia and have availability to enter into a freelancer agreement with us should DNV GL wish to make an offer.
No previous experience working in O&G industry and no experience in mechanical, civil/structural or chemical engineering is required.
You can apply individually or as a team of up to 4 people. If you apply individually, we will contact you prior to the event to assist in forming a team.
Please tell us why you or your team should be selected. You can submit the answer to that question in a file in any format (e.g. word, power point, movie file etc…); however, files in excess of 10 mb cannot be accepted and a link allowing access to the file shall be submitted via email instead. Any video shall not be longer than 5 minutes.
Send your application to [email protected]
Email heading must start with “DNV GL_Hackathon”.
Application closes on 25th July.